Dress Uniforms for Leaders
A dress uniform, like the uniform worn by professional Scouters, is
appropriate for all Scouting leaders on formal occasions. The dress
uniform consists of the following:
- Blazer—A dark-blue, two-button blazer is available
in worsted wool, lamb's wool, or cashmere. Official BSA blazers
have gold-plated buttons bearing the universal emblem.
- Emblem—An embroidered Boy Scout emblem is to be worn
on the pocket of the men's or women's blazer.
- Slacks—Heather gray worsted wool trousers are available
for men. Slacks or a skirt are available for women.
- Belt—The official black leather belt with gold buckle
is to be worn with trousers or slacks.
- Neckwear—Silk neckties with red, gold, and navy stripes
are available for men and women.
- Shoes—Black dress shoes are to be worn with the dress
Note that no BSA insignia, other than the blazer emblem, are worn with the