Camp Roosevelt has a great challenge each year to provide every Scout and Adult Leader who attends our resident camp with a great camping experience. Camp Roosevelt is looking for a few dedicated Boy Scouts and Ventures who will be 14 during the 2015 camping season to become a member of the Councilor in Training (CIT) program. This program is where future staffs are made.
Objective: The Counselor in Training (CIT) program is designed to train potential future staff members for camp and at the same time to provide training for junior leaders and instructors in troops. The program is structured to help youth grow; to work with peers and adults; and to develop leadership skills, teaching ability, and responsibility. This program runs for the entire 7 week summer camp season.
- Attend and fully participate in all staff week trainings and activities.
- Set & meet personal and professional goals set by CIT and CIT Director.
- Work on personal advancement.
- Abide by the camp staff responsibilities and policies listed in the Camp Staff Handbook and live up to the Scout Oath and Law. "Set The Example".
- Participate in regular CIT appraisals with the CIT Director.
- Participate in ALL camp wide activities.
- Be a productive enthusiastic member of the camp staff.
To be considered for a CIT position, please fill out the application and return to the KAC office:
Mail this confidential information to:
Katahdin Area Council, BSA, Attn: CIT Director
PO Box 1869, Bangor ME 04402-1869
CIT Application 2015